To Our ABC Patients and Families:
We are taking extra precautions to keep our patients and staff safe during the COVID-19 outbreak and are following CDC recommendations for patient care. The following protocols are in place in an effort to help decrease the spread of infection.
Checking-in For Your Appointment
- We continue to use remote checkin. Please call our office from your car upon your arrival and we will let you know when we’re ready for you to come in to the office.
- We will ask screening questions to determine risk.
- Sick patients will enter the office through our back door, marked Door B, and well-child patients will enter through the front door waiting room, marked Door A. We will room well and sick patients in different rooms to ensure continued separation.
- Please limit bringing siblings to appointments and only one parent should accompany the patient.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone over the age of 2 years old during the entire office visit.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
We are maintaining our rigorous cleaning and ensuring all surfaces are wiped down after every use. We encourage everyone to do their part to stop the spread of infection including frequent hand washing, covering mouth while coughing or sneezing, and distancing themselves from others, especially when ill.
COVID-19 Symptoms and Testing
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you or your child are experiencing symptoms, have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 or believe you or your child may have COVID-19, please call our office to schedule an office visit or speak with a triage nurse to determine if testing is recommended.
For more information on the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 please click on the following links:
ABC Pediatrics, Ltd.